Marital Status of head of household population based table use S1201

For those who might be following this or who might have the same question. Use S1201.

The following does the trick Use table S1201.  I was looking at detail "B" tables so I missed this "S" subject table.

Title Marital Status. It gives age x sex x marital status (Universe Total population 15 years and over)

Dear Folks,

Stuck again.  I'm looking for an ACS 5 year table with marital status for the head of household (population based table -- NOT household based)

B09005 HOUSEHOLD TYPE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS IN HOUSEHOLDS (EXCLUDING HOUSEHOLDERS, SPOUSES, AND UNMARRIED PARTNERS)

Universe: Population under 18 years in households (excluding householders, spouses, and unmarried partners)

I think that I could stitch together what I need if there is a table of marital status of householder without children.

As always any help appreciated.

Dave

Parents
  • Have you tried the approach Todd recommended:

My own personal cope is: I keep for reference, on my computer, an XLS version of the "Data Dictionary" , a.k.a. "Table Shells" file for ACS.  Obtain it here https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/summary_file/2021/sequence-based-SF/documentation/user_tools/ACS2021_Table_Shells.xlsx  

So, whenever I need a certain table or cross-tab, I open that XLS file, and then "Ctrl-F" search for a text string of what I'm seeking. And that generally gets me to the right Table ID.

Or the approach I suggested with NHGIS:

To find this using NHGIS, I first selected filters for Tracts, 2017-2021, and topics of "Households" AND "Educational Attainment," That identified two ACS tables with counts by educational attainment for all household members in B28006 and for family householders in B17018. Then I dropped the "Households" topic, giving 44 tables on Educational Attainment, and I searched the page for the word "household". B25013 showed up at the bottom.

That's all we've got. If you don't find it using one of those techniques, we typically won't be able to either.

• Have you tried the approach Todd recommended:

My own personal cope is: I keep for reference, on my computer, an XLS version of the "Data Dictionary" , a.k.a. "Table Shells" file for ACS.  Obtain it here https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/summary_file/2021/sequence-based-SF/documentation/user_tools/ACS2021_Table_Shells.xlsx  

So, whenever I need a certain table or cross-tab, I open that XLS file, and then "Ctrl-F" search for a text string of what I'm seeking. And that generally gets me to the right Table ID.

Or the approach I suggested with NHGIS:

To find this using NHGIS, I first selected filters for Tracts, 2017-2021, and topics of "Households" AND "Educational Attainment," That identified two ACS tables with counts by educational attainment for all household members in B28006 and for family householders in B17018. Then I dropped the "Households" topic, giving 44 tables on Educational Attainment, and I searched the page for the word "household". B25013 showed up at the bottom.

That's all we've got. If you don't find it using one of those techniques, we typically won't be able to either.

Children
No Data