ACS Subjects not available for block groups?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find ACS 2011-2015 data for block groups, but evidently some of the tables I'm interested in (e.g. B26001 - Population in Group Quarters) are not available for block groups. 

I can't find anything in the handbooks or on the ACS website that mentions some tables being available for tracts but not block groups - indeed, the handbooks frequently mention that all data is available down to the block group level.

Can anyone verify that some tables are actually not available, and that I'm not making an error in my search? And if this is true, what might the reason for this exclusion be?

Parents
  • Hi Ian,

Indeed, there are a number of tables for which block group data is not available. The reason for this (as far as I know) is that there's not a large enough sample at that level. In other words, the margin of error would be unacceptable.

In the past, I've found FactFinder as a good resource to see which tables do and don't contain block group data, but when I looked last week, it was not working correctly.
  • Hi Ian,

Indeed, there are a number of tables for which block group data is not available. The reason for this (as far as I know) is that there's not a large enough sample at that level. In other words, the margin of error would be unacceptable.

In the past, I've found FactFinder as a good resource to see which tables do and don't contain block group data, but when I looked last week, it was not working correctly.
Children