ACS Subjects not available for block groups?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find ACS 2011-2015 data for block groups, but evidently some of the tables I'm interested in (e.g. B26001 - Population in Group Quarters) are not available for block groups. 

I can't find anything in the handbooks or on the ACS website that mentions some tables being available for tracts but not block groups - indeed, the handbooks frequently mention that all data is available down to the block group level.

Can anyone verify that some tables are actually not available, and that I'm not making an error in my search? And if this is true, what might the reason for this exclusion be?

Parents Reply Children
  • Hmm yeah that's what I was thinking. The sample size explanation makes sense. If I look at different tables though, like B09019 "HOUSEHOLD TYPE (INCLUDING LIVING ALONE) BY RELATIONSHIP", I see there is a total for "In Group Quarters".

factfinder.census.gov/.../productview.xhtml

In my project, I'm trying to recreate a Social Vulnerability Index (originally created with tracts) for block groups. Documentation if interested: svi.cdc.gov/.../SVI2014Documentation.pdf.

The SVI documents what ACS tables it used, so I'm thinking that while I may not be able to use those exact tables, the same estimates might exist but housed in different tables.